Tuesday 19 June 2012

PC Problems - Will Be Offline For A Few More Days

Hi guys

I will be offline for a few more days.  Major problems with my main pc and my Jimi posting drive which is completely dead.  I bought a new blu-ray drive.  Attached it to the pc and Windows would not recognise it.  Then all my USB drives went dead.  Unplugged them all, rebooted and then tried to reconnect one of them.  There was a loud explosion and everything went dead.  The electricity upstairs has blown.  My pc seems to be working again (it is making a few noises though) and all my USB drives except the one I use to store the stuff I am preparing for the blog - and a load of other stuff including a whole bunch of Dylan downloads and the stuff for my Elvis blog.  I will need to take it to a pc shop to see if they can fix it.

Anyhow will spend the next few days sorting out the mess and will post again soon.

5 comments:

  1. where is your elvis blog located?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find it at

      thekingstapes.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. Hope that your PC problems can be solved!
    FritsfromHolland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a Dylan blog that is similar by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't have a Dylan blog yet. Am looking into starting one. Have uploaded a couple of things from the 70s. Will get it going once I've uploaded a few more recordings - there's so much Bob around that it would look a bit silly until I'm able to get a bit more uploaded.

    The hard drive might be recoverable. Have fitted a new Printed Circuit Board and have sent it to the firm I bought the PCB from the change over the ROM chip from the old board to the new one. Hoping that will do the trick.

    ReplyDelete